Tuesday, July 27, 2021

VA - MUSIC BOX LP


And here are Herb Albert's peep's from A&M records that he helped start for above post.  Includes:  Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass, Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66, Wes Montgomery, The Sandpipers, Jimmie Rodgers, Julius Wechter and the Baja Marimba Band and Claudine Longet.  This was the first time I had heard Claudine and really dig her sound so in looking at my back stock discovered I have 3 of her albums from Goodwill!!  Looking to get one more before I post but she really must have influenced David Lynch who got Julee Cruise for his Twin Peaks series who has the sound of this French woman but is from my home state of MN.  Also have many many Baja, Wes and will try to post new Sergio before I leave for a week off to my high school 35th reunion where some of my old favorite bands are coming out of the woodwork like the Jayhawks for a large free show at the lake (I saw them last time they did this 28 years ago as it was in my old neighborhood).  

https://gofile.io/d/UCcKgx

No comments:

ShareThis