Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass Band - The Lonely Bull LP w Volume Two LP w South of the Border LP w Whipped Cream and Other Delights LP w Going Places LP w S.R.O. LP w What Now My Love LP w Herb Albert's Ninth LP w The Beat Of The Brass LP w Summertime LP w Rise LP 79 w Fandango LP 82 w Bullish Maxi-Single EP 84 w Diamonds EP 87 w 3 O'Clock Jump EP 89 w Greatest Hits LP w Greatest Hits Vol. II LP 73


 I first heard of this band from Soul Asylum's parody EP called 'Clam Dip and Other Delights'--the first rare Euro version--with Karl Mueller (R.I..P.) on the cover LOL.  I would see their vinyl at thrift stores all the time all beat up thinking they sucked but learning later that they were very popular so many were keeping the good copies.  I pulled this out last weekend to rip though still missing a 1967 album because I work with a guy--first I met that actully likes the band a lot (as good luck to send positive thoughts for the surgery which today I learned was a success) and so I started collecting every one I saw on lunchbreak over a couple years so I could pick and choose the best copies though a couple still beat up.   But most are mint which is hard to find for these 60's vinyl that I usually have to spray with alcohol to dry then play a few times to break off the hard caked on dirt. Too afraid I will spill the tub of cleaner for the Spin Clean method and not sure if that works as well on hard caked on 60's stuff.  Anyway still a back breaker to cut out the random pops and the first album had some groove wear.

https://mega.nz/file/Cc82EbBI#SYIasCdMwcXcXZPlbtg7AK168iHPu87xNRnp5UiZzxk

6 comments:

M said...

I'm getting a really odd error with this link... not sure what it's telling me.

Sorry, we were unable to initialize the browser's local storage, either you're using an outdated/misconfigured browser or it's something from our side.

If you think it's our fault, please report the issue back to us.

Reason: [Exception... "File error: Corrupted" nsresult: "0x8052000b (NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED)" location: "JS frame :: https://mega.nz/secureboot.js?r=1627017556 :: :: line 542" data: no]
Browser: mozilla/5.0 (macintosh; intel mac os x 10.15; rv:89.0) gecko/20100101 firefox/89.0

Any ideas?

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Link pops up no issue...hnmmm cookies on?

M said...

....all good..... musta been a glitch in my browser.

ClassicMusic20 said...

I Don't Normally Do This, But I'm Going To Put Another Request Here, If This Album's Easy To Get
https://www.discogs.com/Nancy-Shanx-Nancy-Shanx/master/465590

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angstytimelord said...

Love me some Herb! "Whipped Cream and Other Delights" is one of the first albums I ever remember listening to when I was a kid (along with the Seekers' "Georgy Girl"). My dad had it and played it all the time. I still love that record!

ShareThis