REPOST and ADD ON: I had posted Distilled from early days of DU but as you will see I found a bread basket of vinyl rips on youtube for this post along with the CD and so that rip was better. Josef (Austria) prompted this post after suggesting 'Frog City' as great country rock for our listing here. Per Discogs: Real Name: Matthews Southern Comfort
Profile: British country-rock/folk-rock band. After Iain Matthews left Fairport Convention in 1969, Ian did a "solo" album (album title "Matthews’ Southern Comfort") released in 1970 (on MCA's Uni Records label). He & a mostly-new band continued as Matthews Southern Comfort & released 2 albums in 1970. In 1971, Iain left & the band was renamed Southern Comfort.
Southern Comfort haven't found the going easy since Ian Matthews left them 18 months ago, but they are anxious not to let it get them down. Their main problem is that the public have taken a long time to forget Matthews, and think of the split as being quite recent. They brought out one hasty album, Frog City, to offset Matthews' departure, but the new one has obviously had a lot more thought and planning out into it. Enjoy!
https://bestfile.io/en/oc89GJOIlVMOrie/file
While I was at it I re-upped IAN MATTHEWS: https://bestfile.io/en/x43jmzra1LbRMbz/file









1 comment:
Carmela Carr said...
Can you reupload this one? I'm curious to know what they sound like!
SEPTEMBER 18, 2017 AT 3:43 PM
September 19, 2017 at 9:24 AM
CC said...
Thanks for reposting this!! :-)
September 23, 2017 at 11:58 AM
cosmo kidd said...
Hi, I'm looking for Southern Comfort's thir and final album: Stir Don't Shake (1972). Cheers and happy new year!
January 3, 2020 at 10:16 AM
Post a Comment