Well I knew this collectin' thaaang would evolve to trace back to my very first regular radio/or TV shows and it was Paul Harvey on the kitchen AM radio (and later Radio K) that we always had growing up in MN. It was during my AM kindergarten class when I walked home to mom's yummy homemade bread lunches. She would be ready for me in the kitchen and after lunch then before my nap I would watch Rocky & Bullwinkle Show and then Underdog before the nap. But Paul was always on during lunch and got me on the path of caring and media interest. Here's info on Discogs: Real Name: Paul Harvey Aurandt Profile: American radio broadcaster. Born September 4, 1918; died February 28, 2009.
Oh yeah, my friend Nathan Nothin' mentioned last week on his blog his catch phrase on one of his posts: now you know "the rest of the story!".
https://bestfile.io/WcwbbKDwahEqzq5/file

7 comments:
I still remember how he closed each broadcast;
Paul Harvey..................................................................................good day!
I also remember how he would finish off a story about someone who had done something particularly despicable; "He would want me to mention his name..." and he never would. A discipline I wish our current media would adopt.
Seriously, was there a page 2? He always said something about page 2 but I had to go to school and I wasn't getting up to find out on spring or summer break. Maybe our radio station didn't pay for page 2....
I dig this. It is of a time. I like time capsules. Thanks!
I had grandparents who made me listen to Paul Harvey during long car rides. And there are at least two outstanding Paul Harvey references in early "Simpsons" seasons that still make me chuckle.
That's all I got.
Stops downloading every time when about 80% is complete. A mystery to me.
Hi Pete sorry you are having trouble I have no issue on google chrome and my phone just now brings the link up. I have noticed since Bestfile got ads a month or two ago when I go to AJ’s Themes blog and I catch up on all his posts that now 30% get hung up endlessly reeling with no progress so I have to delete that one and restart it then wait till it finishes and second try always gets it. Another example of how greed ruins a file hosting site.
Thanks for the reply and all the info! You are still the best :)
Post a Comment