Tuesday, July 28, 2026

VA - DOWN TOWN DISCO VOL. 1 2 3 LPs 79 80 81


 Well I was flabbergasted when I saw this weird bridge between disco and new wave with even rock bands participating in this one mix per album side series I fished out of Europe at a great deal though the second vendor on discogs had volumes 2 & 3 the volume three was just missing a cover so having both saved on shipping.  As I did with a Viacom comp featuring stoner-style-new r&b I left each album side as one mix and also as songs but was tricky using my freeware at work to find the cuts.  Here are the WoW! artists and the first that grabbed my eye/ear was Flash & The Pan! then Roger Daltry, Debbie Jacobs, Olympic Runners, Jim Capaldi, Edwin Starr, Eddie Grant, Isaac Hayes, Roxy Music, Elton John, Nuggets, Michelle Freeman, Yvonne Elliman, Al Hudson, M, Spyro Gyra, Bill Lovelady, Jona Lewie, Giorgio Moroder, Kurtis Blow (I saw him on TV news when breakdancing broke into culture with his first album my older sister had), Shakatak, Barclay James Harvest, Lipps Inc., Rufus & Chaka Khan (see The American Breed post below), James Brown, The Crusaders, The J. Last Band, Jimmy Ruffin, Benny Mardones, Con Funk Shun, Lenny Williams, Gap Band, Black Slate, Yarbrough & Peoples, Steve Cropper, Wilton Felder, Geraldine Hunt, Steely Dan and Jerome.  Crazy!

https://bestfile.io/en/IVNZLiakXpxnetW/file

No comments:

ShareThis