REPOST Request: Well, when AJ yelps for something I come running! Turns out my later rip of the debut album is missing from my files so that tells me I didn't like the rip--either the vinyl was too damaged making my cuts change the song timing or I just forgot to save that week even though I have backup WAV folders and backup separate play-MP3 folders next to the WINRAR files. BTW I just learned the best range for my Audacity (yes after a year and a half experimenting--don't worry my 8000 rips on old PC with Hollywood media system on a Gateway have no issues) but sometimes I was hearing groove wear 'sections' that if repeated a lot meant I had my software line in volume too far right. So now I try to get the analog green moving bar to range from -24 to -12 dB by having the slide lever in range of -30 to -44 dB. This moves my preamp adjust very little from the middle knob position. Sometimes though vinyl sound makes me move to when I started range of -20 to -8 dB which is where the Henry Gross rip last week was left at by accident so I will redo those three LP in time. What I noticed can happen is too far right means louder software volume and though you can adjust the preamp knob as I always do to make the signal just touch the red zone to far can clip the analog wave making the sound crispy digital I guess. It's really the louder 50's-60's vinyl that get clipped if not careful. So yeah three volumes the preamp, software and computer speaker volume during play. I think you will like this weeks offerings with the new settings and let me know like AJ did in the comment if you want a re-rip--at this time my ripped vinyl keepers are all packaged 2-3 records per plastic bag in no particular order in various bins in my apartment so someday I will have to organize alphabetically but not at this time. Anyways I found great sounding CD rips on youtube and BTW I have been slipping videos into the 'cover' folders as little surprises but now will label that folder as 'cover & video) separate from the songs for convenience.
Here is the short skinny (see videos and text within) from Discogs: Real Name: Kathleen Dorritie
Profile: American singer-songwriter, publicist and actress, born 16 October 1943 in Woodside, Queens, New York, USA.


1 comment:
David Bruce-Casares said...
Excellent! Thanks a lot!!
JULY 26, 2015 AT 4:08 PM
Sara said...
Could you please repost this if possible? Thanks in advance.
OCTOBER 15, 2023 AT 12:07 AM
OCTOBER 18, 2023 AT 8:53 AM
Sara said...
Awesome, thank you!
OCTOBER 19, 2023 AT 2:43 AM
Fanny Blancmange said...
She looks nice enough to take home to meet the family in a Tobe Hooper film.
Thanks for this and all the other goodies you gift us with.
FB
OCTOBER 19, 2023 AT 10:27 PM
November 20, 2023 at 8:40 AM
Unknown said...
Yes, more late 1970s Lps please - so many fringe/pre-post-punk releases out there just waiting to be reborn!
November 20, 2023 at 8:53 AM
AJ said...
Oh Man, I just bought Cherry Vanilla's second album Venus D'Vinyl and I'm listening to it right now....but ohhh to have her debut and sophmore album in one MP3 folder would be, Uhhuh, yeah!! Can you be so kind as to Re-Rip and upload??
Please?? xx
July 26, 2026 at 3:04 PM
Post a Comment