Tuesday, April 9, 2024

The Diodes - st CD 77 w Tired Of Waking Up Tired 7 78 & CD 98 w Action- Reaction CD 80 w Time/Damage Live 1978 LP 10


 I've added the 2010 live in 1978 record store day album I got long ago to other files I got in the blogsphere over the years.  Per Sean Carruthers (allmusic) he writes:  In 1977, record labels all around the world were snapping up bands perceived to be punk, at which time CBS Canada signed Toronto's The Diodes. The only problem is the label didn't know quite what to do with them, and despite their popularity with other bands on the scene (notably The Ramones), they were dropped after only two albums. Somewhere in the decades since, The Diodes attained an almost mythical status in the Canadian music community, spawning a tribute 7" and a reference in the punk rock road movie Hard Core Logo. It took nearly 20 years for the reissue, but Sony Canada finally compiled both original albums onto this best of compilation, which also features previously unreleased material. Does it sound dated? Sure, just like The Ramones, The Buzzcocks, and other important bands from the era. For those who want a greater sense of Canada's contribution to the world of punk, this is essential.   You can read the back cover picture for more details. 

https://bestfile.io/en/xCJAuHuPJgUrj40/file

4 comments:

ClassicMusic20 said...

A Canadian Husband and Wife Duo That had a hit here with their Pop take of Doris Day's "Que Sera Sera" and they even had their own Variety Show here. These were mp3s I've gotten years ago from their second record, enjoy!!
https://gofile.io/d/UGD9VR
https://www.discogs.com/master/122438-The-Raes-Dancing-Up-A-Storm
Would You Happen to Have Their Other Two Records? I'm Looking for Better Quality Versions of them as I hate the ones that's are up on Youtube (and those versions all over on bandcamp sites and stuff) And Additionally, Cherrill Rae's rare cover of the Richard Kerr song (later turned into a hit by Dionne Warwick) "I'll Never Love This Way Again" Thanks!
https://www.discogs.com/master/2793662-The-Raes-The-Raes
https://www.discogs.com/master/688281-The-Raes-Two-Hearts
https://www.discogs.com/release/10228315-Cherrill-Rae-The-Raes-I-Know-Ill-Never-Love-This-Way-Again-Gonna-Burn-My-Boogie-Shoes

Anonymous said...

Many Thanks! - Stinky

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Classic still not in the cards for me as I try to chop down three debts. Hope you remember I told you all you have to do is send via paypal to my address there pjmont@goowy.com the money to buy them on discogs and I will post for you or anyone else ANYTHING and if you include enough for postage I will send the vinyl when done. I think that's a pretty good deal! How about a side hustle via facebook reelw like you could open a free site at rumble using my record/vinyl pictures and start earning money there with little effort. There is even one I saw yesterday where you can make $160.000 per month simple selling your own poo @ $500 per duker ha ha ha!! There really is no excuse in this day and age for anyone to be begging IMO

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot !!!

ShareThis