Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Eddie Harris - Mighty Like A Rose LP 61 w The Electrifying E.H. LP 68 w Live At Newport LP 71 w E.H. In The U.K. LP 74 w How Can You Live Like That LP 77


 Just scratching the surface here with what he's done starting with a couple of early jazz then some great non-instrumental albums and a live jazz finale.  I first heard and was enamored with his live tune with Les McCann from an early Atlantic Records double album compilation I had rode my bike over and checked out from our local library back in the mid-80's...a song called 'Compared To What' with "old rednecks rolling logs" and super loud vocal shouts that I was and still am totally into.  I didn't check out many from the library back then but that was tops in my forming years along with they had 'London Calling' by the Clash and Professor Longhair's Crawfish album--all equally radical in the forming of my musical taste.  I put the combo into the Les post above since it was his vocals that got to me so his post gets the combo.

https://bestfile.io/20fqrRmmU5aZi2H/file

No comments:

ShareThis