Tuesday, June 28, 2022

COUNTRY - st CD 71 13


 Thanks for the request on this obscuro Country rock band named "Country'.  Originally released in 1971 they were influenced by Little Feat (member appears on this), Crosby, Stills and Nash (Tom Snow played with him) and Johnny Cash.  Ahmet Ertegun oversaw the recording on one of the tunes, thinking they could be the next Buffalo Springfield.  They supported the band 'America' when 'A Horse With No Name' was huge.  Fits nicely into my Golden Smog, Jayhawks, Alex Chilton type stuff with some really killer tunes1

LINK RESTORED 8-9-2022:  https://gofile.io/d/r6tKSO

3 comments:

mrRadio said...

This link didn't last long.. would you please repost? Thank you

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Hi mrRadio,

Country link is restored for you today.

mrRadio said...

Excellent! This was a really good post for me and I thank you again.

I have to say this little-known band was even obscure back when they were relevant. Country, their only album, was issued in 1971 on the just-as-obscure and short-lived Clean Records label, the only group on that label at the time. I believe the Clean label was owned by Atlantic Records. The only other artist(s) to appear on Clean Records were the duo Delbert (McClinton) & Glen (Clark). I found Country in 1972 and gave pretty good radio airplay at the time to a couple songs I felt were best... "Beverly Glen" and "Love Quite Like Her Kind". There were at least 5 guys in this band, I think 2 were brothers, but Tom Snow seems to be the one that is remembered. I did not know of that tie-in with America you mentioned or I would have asked those guys about it when I spoke with them a while back. Country Rock and Folk Rock was a thing in the early 70s and this was mostly a nice example. Lastly I'll just say, I know there was no internet in 1971, but if you're a group today, don't name yourself after something as generic as "Country" or else good luck to people trying to search for and find your band with a name like that!

ShareThis