Friday, May 18, 2012

The Cowlitz County Boys - St. Helens (Queen of Three) 7"



















I meant to post this earlier in the day but, sometimes you have to work.

I really don't know anything about The Cowlitz County Boys, but since it's the 32nd anniversary of the eruption of Mount St. Helens in Washington State, I thought this was fitting.

For those of you who didn't grow up in the Pacific Northwest of the US when eruption happen, this probably doesn't mean much to you, but for those of us who grew up in the Northwest, this was a huge event.

I was only nine years old when this happened but I have very distinct memories of the build up before the eruption and the aftermath of the eruption. Fifty-seven people lost their lives in the explosion and it changed the shape of the mountain and the area around it for generations to come.

This was released on Renegade Records out of Tacoma, Washington in 1980. That maybe where the band is from also, but I really don't know.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

http://www.mediafire.com/?al99ua8ltxuxqk9

No comments:

ShareThis