Tuesday, September 22, 2026

CRANES - Fuse tape 86 w Self-Non-Self CD 89 w Wings Of Joy CD 91 w Forever CD 93 w Loved CD 94 w La Tragédie D'Oreste Et Électre CD 96 w Population Four CD 97 w Future Songs CD 01 w Live In Italy CD 03 w Particles & Waves CD 04 w John Peel Sessions 89-90 CD 23 w various EP's


REPOST and ADD ON:  Well, never did find my double CD of the EP's but those EP's are all included so a bit spread out [recommend buying that double CD!!].  I guess I bought it the same time as my Saint Etienne double CD which I also played the heck out of those couple years I lived in L.A. and began finding their Tower records locations out there.  I've already brought home the file and not sure what I uploaded last week but may or may not include their self titled CD from 2008.  At any rate, the 1994 CD is numbered first as that is another one I own and recognized more of the songs from it having lost the dual EP CD long ago.  Great great band here per Discogs:  British dream pop band founded in 1985 in Portsmouth.

Current line-up:

Alison Shaw: vocals, bass guitar, acoustic guitar

Jim Shaw: guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, drums

Paul Smith: guitar

Mark Francombe: guitar, bass guitar, keyboards

Jon Callender: drums

Former members:

Mark Francombe: guitar, bass guitar, keyboards (1989–1997)

Matt Cope: guitar (1989–1997)

Manu Ross: drums (1996–1997)

Paul Smith: guitar, keyboards

Ben Baxter: bass guitar

https://bestfile.io/en/vHWrJwYSLvMlNrv/file

I will also say Mark Underground was the first to post this band [Self-Non-Self CD] and that Wildevilman former DU poster also said in comments he has more as a fave band for him!  Here's his blog from blogroll below:  https://wdthtc.blogspot.com/search?q=cranes

1 comment:

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

angstytimelord said...
OH MY GOSH, this band is AMAZING! I can't recommend them highly enough. I've heard so many people say that they can't get into Alison Shaw's voice (okay, so she DOES kind of sound like a baby doll on helium), but I like it. If you haven't heard their second album, "Forever," YOU NEED TO! ALL of their stuff is absolutely terrific, but I think that one is the best. And is the double disc you have the EP collection, by any chance?

March 16, 2021 at 2:43 PM
Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...
YES YES YES Dear ANGSTY it is the EP collection that REALLY Rocks my world. Thanks for more input as I will have to hear that one too. But first I GOTTA find that CD as I miss it and played the hell out of it that year I was in L.A. Glad you like! I mentioned you on the CLANNAD post above, I still can't believe I found the exact two albums (albeit at different times at Goodwill) you mentioned. You bring an Irishman Good Luck!

March 16, 2021 at 3:53 PM
WDM said...
great band, one of my faves, see my Blog...

Aloha from Bilboa

March 17, 2021 at 1:04 PM
angstytimelord said...
Isn't that EP collection AMAZING?? "Shining Road" from that was the first song of theirs I ever heard, and just fell in love with their sound. I have all of their cds now, and I play them a lot. I think their music is an acquired taste, but I'm happy that I've acquired it! Haha, glad I brought you some good luck! Hope you like the Clannad albums -- I'm actually listening to "Banba" right now!

March 17, 2021 at 2:20 PM

Anonymous said...
Great Band, Mark. Love me some Dream-Pop/Indie.

December 31, 2009 at 7:50 AM
Anonymous said...
Sorry I meant Wilddevilman. Doh!

December 31, 2009 at 8:01 AM
Anonymous said...
Love the Cranes especially their
Blondie cover onl y love..

viacom

December 31, 2009 at 9:50 AM

ShareThis