REPOST: Josef (Austria) mentioned this classic Southern Rock band so I checked the links and it needed a longtime re-up so am posting now. What I said before: A Southern U.S.A. band who made it big on the touring circuits in the 70's and had their own killer voicebox song (Frampton wasn't the only one!) called "Mindbender" and it rules! Also someone in comments mentioned how much they like 'Kalifornia Kool'. If I still have these buried away, I may redo the rip in the future
Josef (Austria)'s comment: STILLWATER - SAME US 1977
They were hailed as the great hope of Southern Rock with their debut album. However, during their first tour of the USA the truck containing their entire arsenal of instruments was stolen from their hotel in Chicago. A second album was released a year later, but the label had lost interest in Southern Rock, especially in Stillwater- you can forget about that album.


4 comments:
Anonymous said...
Thanks for sharing!
JULY 9, 2015 AT 4:26 PM
Sergey said...
pleeease re-up this albums
JANUARY 9, 2017 AT 4:18 PM
JANUARY 11, 2017 AT 1:48 PM
Anonymous said...
I freakin love the song Kalifornia Kool
JANUARY 12, 2017 AT 9:57 PM
January 7, 2022 at 10:58 AM
Recommended:
OURAY - CHROME ON THE RANGE US 78
Country rock between Eagles & Poco.
There is another album from 81. However, this debut album is by far the better one.
Thanks I will get that one now for a rip I thought I was only one who liked the 81 I posted and found it again on my bicycle back up mp3player recently for when the other mp3 runs out at the beech ha ha
An interesting detail: in the 19th century, Ouray was a chief of the Ute Indians, who had settled in what is now northern Colorado and Utah. The band named itself
after this chief.
Post a Comment