Monday, July 13, 2026

Collective Conscious Society [C.C.S.] - st CD 70 w st LP 72-cc w 7's 71-74 w The Best Band In The Land CD 73 13

NOSTALGIC PSYCHEDELIC:  Well, announcing I am starting a one album per week series for the month of August and this is one extra from that (had the other stuff listed), so posting now and letting you all know.  I had seen a youtube reel with ten bands who were maybe novelty psychedelic oddities or missing the link currently but had the other five posted in the past.  The second album was listed and their cover song 'Black Dog' by Led Zeppelin--the first group I got all their vinyl from the RCA record club in junior high.  They have a few covers within so maybe I could group then into the Nightair band I just posted for the holiday as it had many very cool cover songs.  Here is the Discogs:  
Real Name:  Collective Consciousness Society

Profile:  CCS, were a British group formed by bluesman Alexis Korner and Danish vocalist Peter Thorup. The band itself also consisted of different studio casts who would be around, but also included Tony Carr (drums), Herbie Flowers (bass), Harold Beckett (trumpet), Harold McNair (woodwind), and Henry Lowther (trumpet), among others. This wasn’t all, as they were going for a unique sound to rival the top Rock acts of the day. So they would grab the creme de la creme of jazz studio musicians of the time which also included Kenny Wheeler, Les Condon and trombonist Don Lusher, mixed in with Ronnie Ross on baritone, Danny Moss on tenor, and Ray Warleigh on flute. The entire line up would always be subject to change throughout the band’s history, depending on personnel availability at recordings.

LINK REPOSTED 7-15-26 (first album rip on youtube too high levels so replaced with 2013 mainly remixes from youtube with three song from original different rips that sounded better than 2013:

3 comments:

Richie Muster said...

Many British people of a certain vintage will, like me, remember their cover of Zep's 'Whole Lotta Love' as being the intro theme to Top Of The Pops during its 70s heyday. Ah, nostalgia...

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

HaH!! Wouldn’t you know it, that song won me and my first house (1926 ballroom yellow 20’x20’ 2 story with a big front porch) Brookside Ave neighbor friends beer pitchers rest O the night ($25.00) !! They all liked how I invented a melody that sort of matched and I matched the high pitched whisper notes :>}. Richie I think it was Nostalgic theme word as there were a few listed on the reel you may not have seen I changed the theme name on this post to Novelty Psychedelic which is only way Napoleon XIV is listed and Winchester Cathedral on their list put have posted that band was it last year ahhhhb 14 years now in Florida blogging those retirees Goidwill treasures at bargain barn store before they ship the pallets to you over seas Hanx for your telling me friend

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Hi Richie, I was listening to CCS yesterday on bike home from work and noticed the first album I got from youtube as whole file that I separate with freeware was recorded too loud with groove wear pockets of annoying fuzz so I went fetch this morning to youtube and got all new much better rips mainly from 2013 remix which you don't notice any difference only sounds better. Thanks again. Maybe I will change it back to Nostalgic

ShareThis