Monday, June 22, 2026

GUIDED BY VOICES - The Best Of CD 03 w Under The Bushes Under The Stars CD 96 w The GBV Super Fun Wow Xtra Valu-Pack & Something About Discussions In The Cave fan compilations


 Well after finding the KIDS soundtrack for the Homestead post, I found these on same shelf and realized I had not yet digitized these two.  I also found a couple fan mixes from who knows where so if you made them please let us know.  I know revB had made one but not sure which.  Real epic sounding songs and I did see them play at First Ave during the Stars CD release in 1996 after hearing it all over the edge and Radio K college rock station for my college. Enjoy!

https://bestfile.io/8fz4GvILLweiDhF/file

1 comment:

rev.b said...

Lemme see... Something About Discussions in The Cave is mine. Looking forward to checking out the other mix. I used to make these by the dozen back in the day. Apparently Bob Pollard would sort of do the same thing. He'd pronounce he had a finished album ready for release, take it to a friend who worked at a local record store called Trader Vic. The guy remembered telling Bob 'You nailed it. Don't add anything, don't take anything out, it's PERFECT. A week later, he'd bring it back. Half the songs were gone, others had been added and the track list had been completely rearranged. So I'd listen to the NEW new record and OMG, that's ten times better!' Anyway, Mine is made up of favorite track from what for me was the golden period; late 80s to mid 90s. Hope it finds some receptive here down underground.

ShareThis