Monday, June 15, 2026
GG ALLIN [R.I.P.] - Always Was, Is & Shall Be CD 80 w Hated In The Nation tape 87 w Freaks, Faggots, Drunks & Junkies CD 88 w Suicide Sessions CD 89 w Public Animal #1 CD 87 w Doctrine Of Mayhem LP 90 w Brutality & Bloodshed For All CD 93 w Condemned & Destoyed CD 93 w Sickest Of The Sick CD 93 w Expose Yourself Singles 77-91 CD w Violent Beatings CD 01 w various bands: Afterbirth, & Antiseen, & Bulge, & The AIDS Brigade, & The Carolina Shitkickers, & The Criminal Quartet, & The Disappointments, & The Flying 69, & The Holy Men, & The Jabbers, & The Primates, & The Scumfucs, & The Southern Baptists, & The Stripsearch w Live various
HOMESTEAD HEROES SERIES: Had to compile 91 files for this post but some were doubles. I had a chance to see GG at the 7th St. Entry show during college but I was too chicken and wanted to keep clean as it were. I had bought the ROIR tape back when it came out but wasn't enough to make me go. However, in listening to more of this like I think from Banned in Boston or Insult & Injured opener you hear the bursting of laughter of some guys near the stage and can only imagine what the hell is going on...kind of made it very real to me. But the later ferocious screaming stuff is the cream of the crop you might say with his mohawk and marked up body makes the perfect whipping boy for your stuck negative emotions, kinda like hey don't sweat it, GG's been there done that and cares about us. Warning, discretion is advised!
Labels:
U.S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Now... the question is "Does one NEED almost 2 GB of GG Allin?"
Probably be you most downloaded Homestead entry. I remember reading about him and finally heard a song on the Welcome to Ax/ction Island comp. Had to turn the ol' stereo down pretty quickly before the parents heard that one.
Salmagundi Syncopation said...
GG Allin had the smallest wanker I have ever seen. But the videos of him slinging feces had me splitting my sides!
May 28, 2009 at 12:51 AM
Punks, Skins and Herberts said...
I loved the guy's music. Can't get enought of it. Matter of fact, his old bass player from the Illegitamit Kids (Suicide Sessions) did almost all of my ink.
Still remember Merle's phone # from back in the day (discon by now) 212-889-8334.
May 28, 2009 at 7:29 AM
Nish said...
;) lol
Totally Michelle.I thought it was a nipple between his legs.
Typical,it's always the guy with a little one that feels the need to show it off.
Messed up for sure.Glad I gave'em a listen but the exposing + to children subject creeps me out big time.Too sick for me :)
May 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM
Anonymous said...
Hi Mark,
GG Allin ist too sick for you, but promoting Skrewdrivers Nazi-Hate-Rock is okay - I don´t get it - not meant in an judgemental way - jsut to say you´re fascinating & I´m still trying to understand you - keep on keepin´ on
maggothead
May 28, 2009 at 7:15 PM
gorehound13 said...
GG was a great guy to his friends of which I was one.I am actually the last thing you will see on the hated documenntary at his funeral you see me from the back.i am jordan kratz long time punk rocker from the northeast.you can download freely my art at 320k here on my main site.
www.bigmeathammer.com
May 28, 2009 at 10:04 PM
Nish said...
Thanks for the link Jordan.Very cool site...awesome pics & info:)
Maggothead,no offense taken.Glad you think I'm interesting.
I don't understand why folks harp on the words "Promote" & "Support".
I just like what I like and don't what I don't...no support or promotion.
I like hamburgers but don't support or promote them lol.
As far as GG being too much for me but not RAC...
As I said,the kiddie thing bothers me.Maybe because I have kids.
Regardless of content...everything should be heard (at least once).Knowledge is power.
Cheers!
May 29, 2009 at 4:12 AM
Anonymous said...
Hi Mark,
maybe that´s the point, if you like something it changes your perception. I like G.G.´s offensive manner & didn´t take stuff like "Expose yourself to kids" serious. For me it was just one of the most radical ways to say "I don´t belong to your society" - ´cause kids = good = everyone can agree on that...
And on the other hand I believe in values like respect for people, regardless of nationality or skin or religious beliefs - so I have a problem with Skrewdriver´s later releases, but I still think that You´re so dumb or Antisocial belong to the greatest Punk Songs ever and won´t let that be spoiled by the way the band evolved.
And I totally agree with you that freedom of speech is for everyone ...
cheers
maggothead
May 29, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Anonymous said...
GG's country album is amazing. You should check it out
June 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM
James said...
I'll second the recommendation for "Carnival of Excess" - GG's country album. Mark - you should check it out. The label who made it with GG in the day have recently re-released it
http://www.ponkmedia.com/
June 3, 2009 at 5:54 PM
Elvis said...
Oddly enough in the late 80's when you got him one on one a quiet meek guy until it was showtime. I always liked the Jabbers and the MC2 era stuff but beyond that I jumped ship. The band he was in with Merle in the late 70's a rock band called Malpractice was okay as well. I never really liked that Stripsearch EP too much though. Slightly too disco for me.
July 15, 2009 at 2:44 AM
Vultch said...
Love this album...actually prefer this over alot of his punk stuff
June 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM
Anonymous said...
Hi Mark,
You have one of the best music blogs of all, & I check it regularly for out of print stuff. However this release is very much IN PRINT. Please can you take it down...
We're a small independent label, and we made this album with GG back in the day - we recently re-released it.
Anyone who wants to support this release can read about it here:
http://www.ponkmedia.com/
And get it here:
http://www.indianrecordings.com/
if you want to stick a couple of sample tracks up, that's cool - or anyone can check this myspace to listen to this release:
http://www.myspace.com/carnivalofexcess
Thanks,
James/Ponk Media
June 6, 2009 at 9:00 PM
Nish said...
Thanks...and sorry 'bout that.
Fixed.
Definatly don't want to screw anyone,and definatly not one of my blogs biggest fans ;)
Sorry again.
June 6, 2009 at 9:27 PM
Nish said...
James,I removed the link and replaced it with yours.If you rather me remove the post just let me know ok?
June 6, 2009 at 9:42 PM
Anonymous said...
Hi Mark,
Thanks for being cool - appreciate it!!
Cheers
James
June 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM
Country/Punk From U.S.
Info Here:GG Allin
http://www.ponkmedia.com/
And get it here:
http://www.indianrecordings.com/
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Straight From Hell: A Tribute to GG Allin cd - va
If you are overly P.C. do yourself a favour and skip this post, if you do download it no pissing and moaning about how evil and wrong it is.
Okay I have to admit that I am a big GG Allin fan, so when I found this tribute CD I just had to pick it up. I like a lot of GG's early stuff with The Cedar Street Sluts and The Jabbers and a few of his other "groups." I really liked the country stuff that he did, which I found pretty damn depressing, but most of the Murder Junkies stuff really did nothing for me.
So on to the tribute. There are 22 bands on this comp and for the most part I really like all of them. The Jimmies, "When I Die," is excellent as is The Procrastinators "Bored to Death," Drain Bramaged "Drink, Fight and Fuck," and Iommi Stubbs, "Son of Evil."
The strangest cover is Village Idiot doing a Child Molesters cover of "I Wanna Punch You in the Face," kind of strange for a GG Allin tribute CD, but still it's a great cover of the song.
All of the bands are from the Portland, Oregon Metro area except for Vaginal Discharge out of Joplin, MO and Drain Bramaged out of California.
This was released on Crazy Bastard Records of Vancouver, WA in 1999 I think.
Enjoy,
Brian Guy
https://rapidshare.com/files/3433301299/Straight from Hell_ A Tribute to G_G_ Allin.rar
Post a Comment