Tuesday, October 22, 2024

LOVE UNLIMITED (Part 2 of Barry White Post Last Week) - No Limit On Love LP 74 w Together Brothers OMPS LP 74 w The Best Of Our Love 2LP 80 w Grand Gala LP 73 w st LP 72 w In Heat LP 74 w Rhapsody In White LP 74 w Under The Influence Of Love LP 73 w White Gold LP 74 w Music Maestro Please LP 75 w Disco EP 76 w He's All I Got LP 76 w My Sweet Summer Suite LP 76 w My Musical Bouquet LP 78 w Love Is Back LP 79 w Let 'Em Dance LP 81 w Rise LP 83 w The Best Of CD 95


 I ordered these songs per the pictures as how I wanted to listen to them since I had not heard most of them.  Wow, was I surprised by the first two as top picture is rare early vinyl on the NY label Supremacy with a super raw sound that deserves many more listens just like the movie soundtrack, Together Brothers which has Barry on one side and LU on the other with some cool raw tunes from the streets that hit you hard as very identifiable concepts to me.  My first exposure from the early 90's when Cheapo records in Uptown, MN had $0.25 records or 'green X labels' they did with marker to clear out bad stock to go to their end of the chain store in St. Paul, Landfill Records.  This name got me into blogging originally n 2008 as it was my Raison d'Etre to keep these gems OUT of the landfills as vinyl quickly disappeared.  One byproduct of these early quarter records is that I played the hell out of them such that now, they sound excellent.  For example the 1973 'Under' album is a green-X and has thee best sounding version of all of the songs within.  Yes, I played the hell out of it!  I guess it was my first complete deck by Panasonic with super light weight stylus and radio/cassette/record player that I gave to my oldest sister for her bar in their basement.  I got the CD on bottom in Los Angeles when I moved there for a job in 2002/2003 and it has a killer 12 inch version of 'My Sweet Summer Suite" which helped me fit into the L.A. automobile retrofitted, jacked-up shock absorbers so you can 'bounce' along to the beat.  LOL  Two other rips off vinyl also included as someone didn't like the fact I deleted two song duplicates from my recent Van McCoy post.  I try not to waste your time you know.  Oh well.

https://bestfile.io/en/4sBO6txn6h5DSou/file

No comments:

ShareThis