Tuesday, August 13, 2024

KIND [Minneapolis, MN] Live 3-16-1990 w Laurie Wheeler Group


 I don't really have a picture of my little brother's first band in high school called KIND for this excellent live tape post (with his later band Laurie Wheeler Group studio demo on same tape he gave me) so will tell a story of our little scene in late 80's early 90's when it occurred.  You see, when the Dylan/Dead tour came to our local Metrodome for sold out nights it had been brewing for awhile.  The older generation at our first tier suburban Minneapolis, MN high school had most of the popular kids following the Grateful Dead on tours and formed the Gooney Birds band which had regular Sunday night gigs at the Cabooze bar during my college days we went weekly as my dorm roommate's brother Tom Warner (R.I.P.) was the keyboard player.  I spent my first two years of college at the U of MN-IT engineering school in the dorms on campus where we had other regular bands that played the West Bank within walking distance like the Widgets, Gear Daddies, Greasy Meal, etc..  When I moved home and began bicycling every day to the bus stop through deep snow and rain, my little brother now in high school and their generation was super hip to the Grateful Dead music scene and became my local band there--seeing them play their usual spot at the community center and once outside in our local walk-to park which was just like a Dead show.  My brother became my favorite bass player and I was listening to 'Back in the Days Of Soul' radio show on Sunday nights, bringing home a pile of quarter records from Cheapo records that I was lending to him as he learned bass.  He took my entire Brothers Johnson stash as he got excited about the slap bass technique and got a video by Louis Johnson after I slowly let him borrow my Red Hot Chili Peppers early albums and even asking him how Mike Watt played the bass in Firehose on 'From One Cums One' which he mastered and showed me.  This cassette shows off his slap technique while he played in the Laurie Wheeler Group.  He is quite amazing and I used to see him every Tuesday at West Bank's 400 Bar play with his Music Tech classmate's in Nasty Goat later on which featured an early band of Martin Dosh.   Kind was also a first band for John Herchert, an incredible guitarist who went on to play in Mango Jam and others.  Drummer was my bro's best friend Matt Novaches (sp??) and singer was Tommy also a close friend and since I had a car I would drive him to practices at Tommy's or over to Matt's house.  These songs permeate my being and are geat to hear again as a little birthday present to myself.  My bro is still playing the bass and now a dad to two beautiful daughters and a beautiful wife who is an endocrinologist.

https://bestfile.io/en/iIg7L5rSgJ4ovau/file

LEFT THE OLD POSTS IN PLACE WITH NEW LINKS REPEATED HERE:

Gooneybirds:  https://bestfile.io/en/b1bA9SU8aBVJ1LN/file

Mango Jam:  https://bestfile.io/en/EZZf7D4RlW2BEu4/file

6 comments:

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

https://media.mercola.com/ImageServer/Public/2024/August/PDF/bloating-pdf.pdf

ClassicMusic20 said...

Viacomclosemedown
What Site That You Use to Download Your Youtube Mp3s? I Have a Friend on Discord Where she and her friends listen to music from Youtube on there (and they even do shows on discord with the Youtube audio, cause there’s no other way to play them) I notice Google (as I'm writing this right now) updated themselves, it looks so different and I'm not into, and I've also noticed they put a security feature on Youtube that won't allow them to play audio on there (cause they think they're robots, cause its saying "Sign in If You're not a Bot" I think AI is brainwashing Youtube) I'm helping her out with that, seeing if I can MacGyver it, and I notice if I use an mp3 site and convert the Youtube audio to mp3 and copy the mp3 link, it works but...the song is listed as unknown track, I'm not sure if the site you use will list the artist or the track, I just want to know what site you use so I can help her out with it? Thanks!
ClassicMusic20

Anonymous said...

Ignore the Comment, My friend just informed me that if I use another source, it'll cause the bot to shut down, cause she did it once and almost got a chewing out, as it only wants Youtube stuff, so hopefully that Youtube problem will resolve itself
ClassicMusic20

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Hey there ClassicMusic20!
Here is my method for getting 320 kb/sec MP3's from youtube file links:
1. dirpy.com (when it is working) allows me 10 songs (no full albums) per day.
2. mp3convert.org is my go-to for full albums and songs when it is not too busy as it always works (albeit been thru 2 page redo's so now is steady)
3. tuberipper.com works on occasion when I get as FLAC or WAV then use my freewares to convert to mp3's @320
4. Y2Mate is a last resort that hasn't failed me yet (https://en.y2mate.is/v84/youtube-to-mp3.html)

If you need freewares for following let me know old friend: Free MP3 cutter (for full album downloads), Joiner Software My MP4Box GUI, Free M4A WAV to MP3 audio Converter (have used for all my WAV rips since 2008, NCH Express Zip for unzipping 7z type of Winrar's and finally FLAC to MP3 Switch Sound File Converter freeware.

Kostas said...

Nice my friend. Very nice!!!

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Ha ha I knew you would like them Kostas!!! Especially hearing the special cover songs chosen…now if we can only get old man Josef to dig the NEXT generations of these kids now adults! Cheers to you guys at Urban Aspirines blogspot!!!

ShareThis