Tuesday, August 6, 2024

AKASHA - THIN WIRE BALANCE LP 82


A big thanks to Gabe for suggesting this one and the above albums that were getting kind of scarce to find on Discogs.  This opens with a cool cover of "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place" then goes into their own private press sounds like "Shoot 'eM Up, Cowboy" then warps into some very cool keyboard sounds in songs.  This week is a new stylus tip after wearing it in for night (got three more new ones left as remaining in the world) so wanted to tell Gabe his Jimmy Hall post was last week of old stylus as last week I began with Mel Brooks which was pretty beat up so I always keep the last S-120 stylus tip (worn down so it gets into beat up or caked grooves better) and so last week with back up did all the rips with the because I noticed it sounded better than current tip and thus threw it away right away.  Psychfan seemed to think the rip was O.K. but I mentioned last two songs 9 & 10 on first album had some data loss from large scratches I had to cut out.  I've noticed from this experience that worn stylus tips tend to make the rip sound digital from the flattened tip.  I think the rips two weeks ago were O.K. but maybe pushing the limits of worn stylus tip.         https://bestfile.io/TlRj9vtLqBXQnQL/file

No comments:

ShareThis