Tuesday, July 2, 2024

VA - VIACOMCMD COMP. RADIO K 1996 tape


 Surprise, surprise I found yet another tape this time from 1996 instead of 1995.  Loved those morning DJ gals pre Rockin Rollover one went later too it was on as every week day while showering before work at my newer job in late 95 doing a weekly Top 7 and year end here doing the top 77 of the year were my daily weekday entertainment on Radio K as they agree with me about 1996 being a great year in music!  Couldn't identify all the bands yet again but no big deal as someone will know eventually and I will correct the titles.  Includes: Slim Dunlap, Cibo Matto, Beck, Suckpatch, Cardigans, Q-Tip, Atari Teenage Riot, Squirrel Nut Zippers and Los Lobos.  Was psyched it had the timeless classic, Party All The Time.  More to come! Supplemental:  Just heard DJ say about going to Paisley Park after bar on the weekend which is way out on the outer edge of a Mpls second tier suburb in the farmland but I digress wanted to no-Bragg tell y’all I lived in a first tier suburb there down the train tracks from Uptown and I found out once going into Prince’s store in Calhoun Square the indoor mall at Lake Street called Gabriella’s  one time I figured out you could ask the clerk if Prince was going to play that Saturday night so me and my first owned house neighbors would go regularly in the 90s for a whopping $7 and it was an open warehouse I remember being right next to Prince as he played on stage electrically intense!!!  But it was my neighbor junior high friend’s sister who went all the time and later got gold ribbon for her crop art portrait of Prince using seeds of all sorts  Most of my life with guiding PURPLE an old fave color all around me still to this day AMEN!!!

https://bestfile.io/70iq6T3Y18ekize/file

No comments:

ShareThis