Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Randy Crawford - Secret Combination LP 81 w Naked & True CD 95 w bonus trax


 This weekend right during the first song on this Goodwill album, I had to look her up knowing it was the same voice from an old favorite 9 minute track by the Crusaders "Street Life' having one of the best vocal performances in my collection and I was right it was her.  I also learned from my super old Steve Hackett rips that she sings near the end of the 'Hoping Love Will Last' track so I included these songs I already had with a couple more from youtube like "People Alone" from the The Competition OMPS CD 81 and a couple of later hits, "One Day I'll Fly Away" and "You Might Need Somebody"..  Oh yeah I was going to try for her 1995 album from youtube this morning (oops!) where everybody came to help out seeing how she was such a big hit in the U.K.      

LINK REPOSTED 5-13-2024 (Naked & True CD added):  https://bestfile.io/Xm3bfDDilDa1jcL/file


3 comments:

Kostzilla said...

Maybe im a dreamer, maybe just a fool...
Graceful album! Magic voice! Wonderful music!
A truly pleasant find.
And even though instead of rainy nights, I have snowstorms in May, I danced with pleasure(:
Love is the answer!
All Peace!

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Kostzilla,
I'm so glad you enjoy such a great female vocalist! Yes, I also like her cover of 'Rainy Night In Georgia' as I had only posted the Brook Benton version from the K-tel compilations in the past at the blog. I understand the beauty of snowstorms as I spent the first 40 some years of my life growing up in Minneapolis, MN and would hike and even mountain bike in the snow and my first house from 1926 had huge mature elm trees that would make my shoveling easier but always loved the slow falling snow! As a child we built dams by the street curbs to catch the rain water and play in the rain! Now I wear a poncho when I pedal my bike to work or home in it and still enjoy it. I am a big outdoor hiker and up North I call it 'God's Country' as it is the best feeling in the world to experience. Constant warm days is nice too for the last 11 years I have lived in Florida. I also used to travel the USA territory for work west of the Mississippi to factories for automation projects and so got to ski all the time in the Rockies--even me my softball friend once on the Denver plane who was selling yellow pages. Anyway I agree with you and thanks again for the comments and caring about DU blog for others. I moved your Vinegarettes recipe to the Elkie Brooks post as it should be and let original comment under BPB. I fixed the Chely Wright link today (I enjoyed her CD from my friend's wife and I think you will like it so try today. Also fixing the Philip Rambow and Urban Verbs links for tomorrow as I didn't have the files today at work where I post. At home I am offline to protect my ripping computer and only use my phone for internet. Next week request I received may interest you... Helen Schneider. Stay tuned my dear! Patrick Viacom

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Kostzilla I Just realized I needed to add much more fro Helen that was requested last repost and couldnt find bu a handful of songs from youtube so i bought some vinyl! Give a couple weeks for the Helen Schneider repost as I will add on a bunch and save you and others time downloading it twice. Got a 40 minute live concert in Berlin from youtube! Cheers Via

ShareThis