Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The Rain Parade - Emergency Third Rail Power Trip bw Explosions In The Glass Palace CD rip w Beyond The Sunset LP and Tape 85 rip w Crashing Dream LP 85 w Various Live Boots Atlanta, GA 85 w Perfume River CD 02 w Demolition CD 02 w Riverside Studios 5-19-85 w Columbus, OH 11-11-85 w Rainy Day - st CD 94

RAINY DAY - st CD 94
 

REPOST Request:  I find myself still going to youtube after the pedal home from work and listening to one of my favorite Paisley Underground bands listening to 'Talking In My Sleep" or 'Kaleidoscope" or You Are My Friend or some other of the many great psychedelic songs that I was introduced to right after they moved from playing "The Cave" in Northfield, MN where I also moved from out of state.  But that makes sense since I favor 'The Big Lebowski" style of dude rock vocalists.  Added some live stuff long ago from who knows where and hadn't posted 'Demolition" before as I had that and the later band Rainy Day in my files to add here now.  Enjoy a favorite band!  Oh yeah, an old quote from critic Jim DeRogatis from his book 'Turn On Your Mind:  Four Decades of Great Psychedelic Rock [2003]:  'Emergency Third Rail Power Trip' is not only the best album from any of the Paisley Underground bands, it ranks with the best psychedelic rock efforts from any era!!!  How 'bout them apples?!!!

https://bestfile.io/en/4QWTmaKQhp9vZEQ/file

https://bestfile.io/en/4QWTmaKQhp9vZEQ/file

4 comments:

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

powerpopfanatic1979 said...
Great band. I love that whole Paisley Underground scene. Good post Via.

DECEMBER 24, 2009 AT 3:33 AM

ChrisB68 said...
Can I request a re posting of my favourite Rain Parade album. Eyes Closed is something special to me, fantastic track, Cheers!

JUNE 22, 2016 AT 10:52 AM

JULY 15, 2016 AT 3:26 PM
simonthecat said...
This is a treasure trove - many thanks! Is there any possibility of getting the original Praxis Records version of Jason & the Scorchers' Fervor ep? There was some rerecording or substitution done on the EMI version and it's just not as good to someone who saw the band live many, many times!

JULY 16, 2016 AT 8:43 AM
angel said...
Good morning

Can you please re-post this one?

Kind regards

MAY 24, 2019 AT 5:40 AM

MAY 29, 2019 AT 9:35 AM
Anonymous said...
Just tried this yesterday, thanks for the update!

MAY 29, 2019 AT 12:04 PM

FEBRUARY 21, 2023 AT 12:43 PM
pollo said...
Link are down... please new link...!!!

APRIL 3, 2024 AT 7:56 AM

Camarillo Brillo said...

Can't thank you enough for this Rain Parade megapost! Unsure how Rainy Day fits in, but what the hell do I know right? (-:

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Hi Camarillo Brillo,

Rainy Day has the Robacks: David Roback, Dennis Mehaffey, Karl Precoda, Kendra Smith, Matt Piucci, Michael Quercio, Steven Roback, Susanna Hoffs, Vicki Peterson, Will Glenn

Good idea to let folks know thanks!

Camarillo Brillo said...

Alrighty then!

ShareThis