Tuesday, September 12, 2023

JIMMY BUFFETT (R.I.P.) - A White Sport Coat & A Pink Crustacean LP 73 w A1A CD 74 w Living And Dying In 3/4 Time LP 74 w Havana Daydreamin' LP 75 w Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes LP 77 w Before The Salt 2LP 77 w You Had To Be There (In Concert) 2LP 78 w Son Of A Son Of A Sailor LP 78 w Volcano LP 79 w Coconut Telegraph LP 80 w Somewhere Over China LP 81 w One Particular Harbour LP 83 w Riddles In The Sand LP 84 w Last Mango In Paris LP 85 w Floridays LP 86 w Off To See The Lizard CD 89 w Live! Feeding Frenzy CD 90 w Fruit Cakes CD 94 w Barometer Soup CD 95 w Banana Wind CD 96 w American Storyteller CD 98 w Meet Me In Margaritaville 2CD 03 w Live In Auburn 2CD 03 w Live In Hawaii 2CD 04 w License To Chill CD 04


 This just goes to show that collecting for the sake of collecting (most from Goodwill but also local record shops over at least 20 years) and not necessarily listening to right away can be really fun to go back through when finally converting to digital.  I had about half as many as doubles on cassette or CD--of course keeping the prized vinyl as first choice and all were in great shape!  I have been exposed to Jimmy during parties in college and high school so I knew his old vinyl were real treasures but hadn't heard them all except maybe a greatest hits tape I had.  I connected immediately on the first album with the final song "Death of an Unpopular Poet" and of course all the Florida references since I have been living here for over ten years now.  Have always loved 'Come Monday" and found 'Changes..." both running through my head a  number of times in the past.   R.I.P. to a master who has enriched all of our lives and imaginations, Cheers Jimmy, Rest In Peace!

https://mega.nz/file/EvchyBhQ#poSz-KzlKxh4jn_GPumDLaUrvihbOVNdwg78e9k6KmA


 

3 comments:

donmar002 said...

MEGA does not seem to like these big files.

Thanks,

Mark

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

I just clicked it and it doesn't have issues. Not sure why you have problems? Too much work to redo so go to youtube for it is all I can say.

donmar002 said...

No problem. I'll try a different browser.

Thanks,

Mark

ShareThis