Tuesday, November 29, 2022

R.L. Burnside - A Ass Pocket Of Whiskey LP 96 w Mr. Wizard LP 97 w Come On In CD 98 w A Bothered Mind LP 04


 Saw "Rural' and his boy play at First Ave a few time as they worked their way up the Mississippi River North to the Twin Cities ("what went North!") as so very fortunate I took those first complimentary tickets to see a real delta bluesman finally after being such a fan of Led Zeppelin.  First heard him say "Now we're cooking with gas" or "if you are alive enough to complain you should rejoice" or even "I would be O.K. if I could just get away from family" ha ha he had many saying's as he played his heart out for us.  I put the 1998 breakout album with the weekly Top 7 hit song from Radio K that I heard played the most of any that I have mentioned in the past called "Let My Baby Ride".  And ooooh what a short powerful riff he developed in that song that first appeared in an earlier version of "Rollin' And Tumblin'" included here from Mr. Wizard.  Love this guy and even recorded his son's band along with other touring folk from his scene.          https://krakenfiles.com/view/kZPOY6CBOo/file.html

No comments:

ShareThis