Tuesday, June 22, 2021

VA - 208 Atlantic Black Gold LP 73 w Atlantic R And B 47-74 tape and LP


 A big thanks to Antonio from Rocket Star Record store for letting me 'rip and return' the compilation on top as he wanted to keep it from my buy pile.  I used to go to the local library in the early days of recording music--getting the Clash 'London Calling' vinyl to record as well as Professor Longhair and two different Atlantic Rhythm and Blues compilations that really opened my ears to great sounds.  This tape shown is from Good will  but had some songs I knew well so I added it and what I had recorded before from the library vinyl--the older 1947-52 beginnings of the label.  Where I first heard the Eddie Harris and Les McCann stuff, King Curtis and now once again can hear Funky Nassau AND Funky Broadway, yes! Artists:  Aretha Franklin, Wilson Pickett, Booker T and the M.G.'s, The Bar-Kays, Joe Tex, King Curtis, Clarence Carter, Archie Bell and the Drells, R.B. Greaves, Brook Benton, Joe Morris, Tiny Grimes, Frank Culley, Stick McGhee, Ruth Brown, Sam and Dave, Professor Longhair, Harry Van Walls, The Clovers, The Cardinals, Eddie Floyd, Coasters (look below), Percy Sledge, Otis Redding and Carla Thomas (look below), Roberta Flack, Ray Charles, Detroit Singers, Ben E. King, The Drifters, Beginning Of The End, and Joe Turner.  Great, great tunes comin' too ya on a dusty road.

https://gofile.io/d/h5caPc


1 comment:

tanktop said...

"Comin' to ya on a dusty road"! Lol--PERFECT. Love your various tastes in music that you share. Know whatcha mean about Funky Nassau AND Broadway.:) BIG THANKS for your generosity and freewheelin' choices!! Best to you, my friend.

tanktop

ShareThis