Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Leonard Cohen - SONGS FROM A ROOM LP w COHEN LIVE CD 88 93


 I have only heard the album which I like quite a bit and it starts with his most famous song 'Bird On A Wire", here is more on that from an old NME interview, ""The song is so important to me. It's that one verse where I say that I swear by this song, and by all that I have done wrong, I'll make it all up to thee. In that verse it's a vow that I'll try and redeem everything that’s gone wrong. I think I've made it too many times now, but l like to keep renewing it." In the liner notes to the 1975 compilation The Best of Leonard Cohen, Cohen wrote about the song: "I always begin my concert with this song. It seems to return me to my duties. It was begun in Greece and finished in a motel in Hollywood around 1969 along with everything else. Some lines were changed in Oregon. I can't seem to get it perfect. Kris Kristofferson informed me that I had stolen part of the melody from another Nashville writer. He also said that he's putting the first couple of lines on his tombstone, and I'll be hurt if he doesn't."  Rest In Piece.     https://gofile.io/d/Cr42vu

No comments:

ShareThis