Thursday, August 16, 2018

PROBLEM SOLVED!!


Well my 50th birthday presents came a little early this year as that will be tomorrow.  Yesterday made a quick stop on lunch break to my local Sam Ash store and VIOLA!  not one but 2 demo pre-amps missing power cords that they sold me for $5 each--one I used last night shown in the picture, the Stanton M 203 that kicks ass with count 'em 6 adjustor controls for recording level and the other was a Numark offering that I will keep in reserve--both are new and should last me a long long time!  Check out the rips from today above and you will notice better sound but still that softness people like...it seems my software left-right recording level displays now show pure yellow instead of yellow for half and green for the other signal half from my worn out obsolete GEMINI PMX-100 pre-amp signal I used for over 5000 rips...this means the signal is much stronger from the STANTON pre-amp with no distortion!!! As the Gear Daddies would say....PROBLEM SOLVED!  Yay, the Universe accepts me!

5 comments:

Davideomusic73 said...

I'm pleased to see your glitch is solved and Happy Birthday tomorrow: Enjoy it with your family.

Lewdd said...

Happy birthday! You just gave me an idea for how to run my turntable into my laptop to balance the L/R like you did. Now I need to figure out if it is worth the hassle.

S D Joe said...

Better late than never......Happy happy, m'man.

the masked man said...

Thanks for all the great posts..I am a recent convert but have been through quite a few of your back pages and found some outstanding stuff that I did not already have. Happy 50th birthday and may you see many many more...

donmar002 said...

Happy Birthday! Love your posts! Thanks very much for all the great work!

ShareThis