Monday, May 16, 2016

THE COWSLINGERS - Americana A Gogo CD w Gotta Kill My Baby w Hogtied w Mexican Blackbird w Shotgun w Spine Snapper







SEARCH ABOVE FOR MORE and ADD ON:  Thanks to Brian Guy for all these.
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/gtq62aAr/file.html
for Hogtied:  Two songs, one being a cover of Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a time," and the do it justice in my opinion. This was released in 1993 on Estrus.
GKMB:  Two songs by the Cowslingers including a cover of Merle Haggard's "The Bottle Let Me Down," Love this song and this version of the song. Released on Drink & Drive records in 1998. Ltd to 500.
Okay five seven inch records from Lakewood, Ohio's The Cowslingers. This is great cowpunk and I have to admit this is probably one of my favourite bands when it comes to cowpunk-Alt-Country. 

Some of you asked for it and here you go, another Cowslingers post, this was released in 1998 or 1999 by the Shake It label. There are a lot of good songs on this CD. "Cheap Trucker Speed," and the cover or Arkey Blue and the Blue Cowboys "Too Many Pills," which was part of the God Less America comp that I posted earlier, along with '88 Mustang are my favourite three songs out of the 13, but "Gonna Win the Lottery," is also really good. So if you like a little cowpunk/alt-country this if for you.

1 comment:

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Bernando said...
Tatas!!!

APRIL 18, 2012 AT 6:34 AM
nekrodad said...
Thanks for the uploads, never been a fan. But dl these lil slices of life. And find myself enjoying them.

APRIL 18, 2012 AT 3:36 PM
Brian Guy said...
Boobies. knockers, dirty pillows, puppies, melons......

APRIL 18, 2012 AT 4:40 PM
Brian Guy said...
Glad you enjoyed 'em, and thanks for taking the time to comment on them.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

APRIL 18, 2012 AT 7:32 PM
Salmagundi Syncopation said...
The Cowslingers are great! I've got several of their 7 inch records. If I weren't so lazy I'd go get my copy of this and look on the back to see what year it was published.

APRIL 18, 2012 AT 9:03 PM
Anonymous said...
Excellent! More Cowslingers please! Keep posting the "country"stuff!

APRIL 19, 2012 AT 12:51 AM
nekrodad said...
Im going to give this a try, i grabbed all the singles you posted. But yet to hear them all yet. I am a big fan of cowpunk, tex and horseheads, joneses, screaming sirens etc. So i am hoping rhis is good. Btw do u have the second Unforgiven album? Just thought i would ask. Dont know if u even enjoy them.

APRIL 25, 2012 AT 6:29 PM
Brian Guy said...
Thanks for the comment. I also enjoy Tex and the Horseheads, I have a couple of their albums that I will get around to posting sometime in the future.
As for the Unforgiven album don't have it.
There will be more cowpunk/alt country stuff in the future.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

APRIL 26, 2012 AT 10:36 AM
nekrodad said...
Hey Bri , I got all 3 of the Tex albums. Love em alot back in the day used to go see them alot. Glad to see someone else in the world awesome besides me.

APRIL 27, 2012 AT 5:28 AM
Brian Guy said...
Yeah, cowpunk and the whole alt country seen, really makes my day. It's kind of what I grew up on only with more of an edge.

Don't Know if you ever listened to anything on the Diesel Only label out of Brooklyn they have some great cowpunnk/Alt country stuff. I hope to post some of that labels stuff later on.

Cheers,

Brian guy

APRIL 27, 2012 AT 9:19 PM
nekrodad said...
No never heard nothing on that label. Btw the link dont work to this dl. Tried like 3 times. Also glad u came to the blog. Alot of our links are dead now. We just started it back up. I started that blog. After i got sick of doing all the posting at radio satan.

APRIL 28, 2012 AT 4:57 AM
Brian Guy said...
Not sure why it's not letting you download it. I just tested it and it works for me. Anyone else having issues down loading this.

Give it another try if it doesn't work, we'll figure something out.

I tried to download one of your links and all it wanted to do was have me down load a programme and then it still wouldn't let me down load it even though it said it was there. gotta love computers.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

APRIL 29, 2012 AT 9:26 PM
nekrodad said...
Ya i hear u bro, im using a mobile to do this shit. So its hard at times. Ill try again, maybe i can tether my phone to pc. And try that way.

APRIL 29, 2012 AT 10:53 PM
Brian Guy said...
Ouch Using a cell phone, yeah that's probably the problem. Good Luck.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

MAY 1, 2012 AT 4:21 PM
Noah said...
Anychance you could please reup this one? thanks

MAY 11, 2016 AT 5:52 AM

ShareThis