Saturday, March 29, 2008

Food Is Good


Easy Chili
(Hearty Man Style)


1 Lb Ground white meat chicken/turkey (or ground sirloin)

2 Cans campbells tomato soup (ITS GOTTA BE SOUP)

2 Cans dark red kidney beans (i like to substitute 1 of the cans with black beans)

2 Heaping tablespoons of chili powder

1 Tablespoon worchestishire sauce

1 or 2 Tablespoons red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like it)

1 Teaspoon garlic (or about 2 cloves)

1 or 2 Large onions (chopped)
*
In a large enough pot,add your meat/onion/garlic & worchestishire sauce.

Mix together and brown,when that is cooked add the tomato soup & beans (do not drain beans,use the liquid)along with the chili powder & red pepper flakes.

Turn the stove down to a low enough setting that the mixture is just bubbling, cover and simmer at least 45 minutes.

Take cover off,simmer an extra 15 minutes and enjoy.

Its an easy recipe that tastes good.

If your chili is too dry add a little beer,and adding cheese never hurts ;-)

Serve with Toasted Garlic Bread/Spaghetti/Rice/Crackers...Or alone.

*
Work with the recipe.

It was kinda handed down from my mom (RIP) as something easy to make (when I moved out of the house lol).

I've improvised on some but as long as the base stays Tomato Soup.It will be awesome.

*
ENJOY!
*


(My Mother.(German)
She had a "Barnum and Bailey Circus" Highwire act.
Thats her with some Midget lol.She was beautiful..)
*
My Father won the title of Mr.Iran (Bodybuilder) as an Armenian living in Iran years ago...
Thats another story LOL.
*
I don't mean to brag I'm just so damn proud of them...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for the recipe, and the cool pic o yer Grandma, thats a cool pic..Rg
BTW Do you have any pics of yer Dad in his prime??? Keep it cool

Nish said...

If I were close enough I'd backhand you for that!
Thats my Mother!

Don't have pics of my dad right now...at least not the ones of him posing

Anonymous said...

I like the black bean idea too. Thanx for this one.

Anonymous said...

Why not top it with a few sliced habaneros? :D

You're right about the black beans


I think I'll make chili tomorrow for dinner.

Anonymous said...

Whoops sorry, I wasn't paying too close attention, no offense brother, respect >Rg

Nish said...

Oh yeah...Another cool thing to add sometimes is a half teaspoon of curry powder.
If you want to get creative,hollow out some bell peppers,spoon in the chili and bake for a bit.
Chili Stuffed Peppers
Make sure you par boil the peppers so they come out soft :)

ShareThis