Tuesday, May 29, 2018

VA - FIRST AVENUE CLUB The Bootlegs Vol. 1 CD 05


Nice to get this one digitized finally.  Hoping for many more volumes and perhaps a few shows I was at.  Includes:  The Jayhawks (they have a new album coming out that they recorded at Flowers Studio in Milwaukee I believe--should be very good knowing the players involved with it), Guided By Voices, Ween, Trip Shakespeare, Joe Jackson, Patti Smith, The Replacements, The Suburbs, Husker Du, Old 97's, Atmosphere, Betty Serveert, Mark Mallman, Richard Thompson, Jay Farrar with Canyon, and Kristin Hersh.  https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/y7HfIIPu/file.html

3 comments:

Todd said...

I would love to hear more of these! How many more are there? (At least 4, I imagine.)

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

You know it's strange, I haven't heard a peep about any other Volumes to be released in this series! Hell, I'm in one of the First Ave facebook groups for workers and regulars. However, I moved South for a job and so am not privy to the local record stores out there where they would have more info. I recommend calling record stores out there like Cheapo (I started contributing to this blog when I started blind buying cool records that were in their St. Paul store at first just off the bus line by the University. This is the store that Grant Hart (R.I.P.) from Husker Du was the clerk who was partially responsible for the great selection I kept buying and that we have here at the blog).

Camarillo Brillo said...

Looks like some tasty stuff! Gonna grab it, thanks!

ShareThis