Monday, July 20, 2026

HENRY GROSS - st LP 72 w st LP 73 w Plug Me Into Something LP 75 w Release LP 76 w Show Me To The Stage LP 77

REPOST and ADD ON:  Adding the his first three albums which are pretty cool.  Calling this theme:  The Big Three Mellow Rock.  What I wrote before with the Discogs info tacked on the end:  Finally found this one--the original appearance of the 'Shannon' tune (Angstytimelord let me know it is a song about his dog..LOL) from all those K-Tel comp.'s over the years.  Real Name: Henry Mark GrossProfile: American singer / songwriter, born April 1, 1951 in Brooklyn, New York, USA.

https://bestfile.io/en/CwIhyM453KJNmsQ/file

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Do you have his debut album as the same title or "Show Me to the Stage 1976" ?

    August 14, 2018 at 1:46 PM Delete
    Blogger angstytimelord said...
    Did you know that his big hit song "Shannon" was about a lost dog? When I was a kid and it was big, so many people thought it was about an ex-girlfriend who died. I didn't find out until the 90s that he wrote it about his dog who ran away.

    August 15, 2018 at 2:46 PM Delete

    October 16, 2019 at 11:48 AM
    wkc said...
    links appears to be dead. If a fix is possible it is appreciated. Thank you

    October 23, 2019 at 11:56 AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember 'Plug Me Into Something' being huge. It was a strange sort of tune, wasn't it. I was living south of Nashville at the time and it was this dude or Phoebe Snow with 'Poetry Man's which, as you can imagined, I loathed. This will be a delicious delightful deep dive into rock n roll excess and decadence! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turns out I had levels off on this new rip and the Dan Hill maybe as audacity usually -44 dab to new fixed standard I discovered after watching YouTube video saying green signal should be in minus 24 dB and peaking at -12 but ok to hit yellow but not red which I have always done just touching red at any rate I had too low somehow at -8 dB just last week after seeing it at -44 dB seemed new to me but turns out when software is -44 dB the preamp goes to up to 7/10 but when software at -30 dB like for the comps this week after watch the YouTube video on it. I will redo in time yeah at -8 dB / 7 preamp it clips and gets a digital clean none analog sound you have to turn down your headphones and can distort whereas towards -30 or better -44 dB / 4 of 10 on PA knob sound is warm and correct. Let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. A year and a half ago in February my 8000 rips PC with cool Hollywood soundcard small box Gateway team up and when I had Magix Windows 3.0 version where I could use software boost at low level not like raising audacity level so high at -8 dB with clipped buzzy digital sound anyway the old rips ruled w usual middle to 7 of 10 knob on pa preamp warm sounds made for loud systems on comment said so that Magix Audio Cleaning Lab they made uit with love in the U.K. but boot and og version couldn’t find my Windows 7 soundcard anyway I like new sound w less booming bass than old loud punk sound and just got final as I did try -12 dB at first still keeping the blinking occassional red or lower PA on purpose to reduce surface noise before auto pop removal at low cutting out at second listen each week looking for missed spikes it thought part of sound near loud note spike going unremoved.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say :)