Tuesday, April 5, 2022
VA - ROUGH & TOUGH - The Story Of SKA 1960-1966 2CD 02
I got a request from Mexico for some ska so look below for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Wave I have tried to cover below but I got to this classic 'bible of 1st wave ska' that I have played to many times since getting it when it arrived. Such a key release but if still available most of the links will expire per normal. Features: Laurel Aitken, Derrick Morgan, Eric 'Monty' Morris, The Mellowlarks, Derrick & Patsy, Chuck & Dobby, Monty & Roy, Owen Gray, Jimmy Cliff, Lloyd Clarke, Roy & Millie, Stranger Cole, Desmond Dekker And The Four Aces, Winston Samuels, Baba Brooks, Lord Creator, Lord Tanamo, Stranger & Patsy, Don Drummond & The Skatalites, The Maytals, Justin Hinds & The Dominos, Owen & Leon, Carlos Malcolm & His Afro-Jamaican Rhythms, Roland Alphonso & The Skatalites, Lord Tanamo, The Granville Williams Orchestra, The Techniques, Roy Richards, The Zodiacs, Sir Lord Comic & His Cowboys, Roland Alphonso & The Soul Brothers, Alton Ellis & The Flames, The Riots, Tommy McCook & The Supersonics, Lee Perry (R.I.P.) & The Soulettes, Justin Hinds & The Dominos, The Dingles, The Silvertones, Delroy Wilson and the Clarendonians.

Looks like a killer collection - thank you...
ReplyDeleteHi thanx for this, keep up your good work
ReplyDeletemaggothead
P.S.: I posted a SKA-Comp via The Ska Is The Limit via
https://butterboycompilations.blogspot.com/search?q=ska+is+the+limit
25 tracks with only 1 or 2 overlaps to this, can be found here:
https://krakenfiles.com/view/h3YzcFsmED/file.html
Link gives an error :-(
ReplyDeleteStarting to think it might be me and connection - travelling at the moment might wait till I'm back home.
Hey Butterboy,
ReplyDeleteIf you get this I linked your compilations blog on my blogger's side bar. Funny you mention 'maggothead' as it I just watched 'Birdman of Alcatraz" with Burt Lancaster for the very first time last night and the meaning is crystal clear! Such a great inspiring movie that I think we all need to see at this point in history even though it is a very old movie...if reflects our current situation and found it very inspiring.
Giving out the error finger, any chance of reupping? Thanks!
ReplyDeletepulls up just fine kiddo, try again
ReplyDeleteI want
ReplyDeleteSTARK NAKED AND THE CAR THIEVES 1974 - UK
With :
Darry Way ( EX - Curved Air )
OK ?
my friend, thank You.