This is right after he dropped the 'Kid' part of his name. From the bars of Minneapolis and St. Paul like some of the West Bank Blues bars: Viking Bar, 400 Bar, Cabooze, Whiskey Junction, First Ave and eventually larger venues. Local celebrity done good! I kind of like it. I think I saw him at a street festival also.
https://www2.zippyshare.com/v/bbQXMHqb/file.html
I saw Jonny Lang back in 1998 when this album was out, and he was just AMAZING. When I'd heard the title track on the radio, I would have SWORN that he was a middle-aged black guy from the way he sounded -- I was FLOORED to find out that he was a skinny little white teenager! This is an absolutely INCREDIBLE album -- every track is just incredible. And his follow-up album, "Wander This World," is just as good (honestly, I'd say it's even better). The guy is just brilliant.
ReplyDelete