Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Twinkeyz - Alien in Our Midst 7"




















The Twinkeys were from Sacramento, California. This was their first release. "Aliens in our Mist" is kind of a yawn for me however, the flipside "Little Joey" seems like it should have been on a KBD comp. Think Freestone, "Bummer Bitch" but not as heavy.

This was released in 1977 on the Twirp label of Sacramento, California. This particular version has a reproduced sleeve from 2002 limited to 100 copies (for you collector geeks out there), however the vinyl is from 1977.

In 1978 the re-released "Aliens in our Mist," with a different flipside "One Thousand Reasons," which I have not heard.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

http://www.mediafire.com/?w5rovt63tatxqyt

2 comments:

  1. Welp Bri-Guy,
    I gotta say I appreciate 'someone' at DU getting a holiday post (not one but Canada Day too! Thank You, Thank You for both). So since I have been taking notes on reposts and categorily ignoring each and every one of them and rightfully so as I am seeking employment while I can buy art on unemployment and work both interests in life. Here you go friend...http://www.mediafire.com/?pdf1rnrs1dht8cv p.s. i just put my original twikeyz into your foldeer for the 7 of the same name but different b-side. I saw that LP of theirs on ebay and just couldn't justify the few hundred dollars...lol. Anyone,,,Bueller,,,?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I felt like I needed to mark Canada Day and the 4th.

    WOW the LP is going for that much on EBay? That surprises me a bit. Glad I didn't pay nearly that much for the two seven inchers.

    Thanks for the alternate b side I look forward to listening to it and seeing if it's as good as "Little Joey."

    Good luck on the job search.

    Cheers,

    Brian Guy

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you have to say :)