Wednesday, January 22, 2020

VAUGHAN MASON AND CREW - BOUNCE, ROCK, SKATE, ROLL LP 80


Title track was on one of the non-gentrified disco compilations I had ripposted so I recognized it right away as I had loved that tune before.  This is a real treasure to me and even though it had a lot of rough spots to cut out, I think it will get better with more playing.  You could play this at a skateboard ramp jam somewhere and not even know the difference.  Old funky soul an early fave for me.  Reminds me of 'These are the good times, our new state of mind so rollerskate! rollerskate!' could make a cool comp. with that Chic song and maybe that De La Soul roller skating song named Saturdays too plus a few more I was think of but can't remember now.  Enjoy!
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/Dre9URlA/file.html

1 comment:

EW said...

Thanks for all your great posts. Here's a little something for you thought I thought you might like. It's a pretty obscure record by a guy named Billy Meshel. I bought it over the holidays and just ripped it: https://www65.zippyshare.com/v/HjdW9wKb/file.html

ShareThis