Wednesday, July 17, 2019

VA - K-Tel Jukebox Jive LP 76


A lot of classics here and a cool shaped record of 50's hits.  I thought it would go nice with the below Sly and the Family Stone mega post since he was a 50's or 60's radio DJ who followed the scene closely and it shows in the many cool versions of his early tunes below.  This features:  Beau-Marks, Clyde McPhatter, Ronnie Hawkins, Frankie Avalon, Paul Anka, Del Shannon, Bill Haley and the Comets, Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels, The Tokens, Wilbert Harrison, Joey Dee and the Starliters, Lou Christie, Buddy Knox, Chris Montez, Castaways, Clovers, Johnny Thunders (different one I believe), Sue Thompson, Newbeats and Curtis Lee.
https://www10.zippyshare.com/v/gQpE1sxi/file.html

4 comments:

JennyD said...

I wanted to leave you a happy thank you for jogging my old memories. Have to say, you have SUCH an interesting page! If it wasn't almost midnight here, I'd hang around and read more, but you can be sure I'll be back. I love the posts with obscure bands because that's always so fascinating and I know I'm not the only one that heard tons of "hometown" bands growing up and wondered why they were never really discovered. Darn shame in a lot of cases. So I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, just thanks for a nifty selection of artists on this collection.
~j.
ps, get a better captcha these ones really and waste time.

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Anony - Sorry your last comment was brain garbled. What did you just say?

John The Punk said...

A very different Johnny Thunders! Haha. I bought this record when I was a kid but it's been long broken. Thanks!

ShareThis