Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Chocolate Watch Band - No Way Out 67 w The Inner Mystique 68 w One Step Beyond 69 w CD w bonus trax


These guys never made it big outside their San Jose scene but that's O.K. as that is what makes them so special.  First thing I noticed in my initial listen was that JFA's instrumental tune 'Unknown' is no longer unknown as it sounds like 'Dark Side of the Mushroom'.  But this is just the start of the familiarity with tunes like 'Medication', 'Milk Cow Blues', 'I'm Not Like Everybody Else' or 'Sweet Young Thing' so greatly influencing the neo-paisley bands of the 80s.  I know you will enjoy!  P.S. My disk had disc rot for the 2nd LP title track and 5th song after that so they were blank.  I have downloaded from another blog and fixed the file for link 2 below.
Link 1 of 2:  http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/yfIINqup/file.html
Link 2 of 2:  2 SONGS FIXED!:  http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/L2q3uY3p/file.html

2 comments:

PoodleHead2005 said...

Hi there,

I was wondering if you have the following local compilations or will look for them:

Boston Rock & Roll Anthology Volumes 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 (1984 through 1987)
WAVA FM 105 Washington Rocks (1982)
WAVA FM 105 Washington Rocks Too! (1983)
Arizona Sounds Volume Seven (1983)
The 3 MMM Homegrown Tapes (1989, Australia)
Q104 Homegrown Project Vol. 1 (1984, Nova Scotia)

Thank you! :)

Tommy C said...

Thanks for all the Chocolate Watchband. Never heard their records, only a best of. A lot of stuff I hadn't heard and I'm Diggin' it!

ShareThis