Monday, October 10, 2016

CHUCK BROWN AND THE SOUL SEARCHERS - Bustin' Loose LP 79


Here we have a newer buy for me and the date proves it at least to me.  You see, I was buying any soul I could find when records were going for a quarter a piece and then fifty cents.  So my rule of thumb was any in what I called the magic period of "1970 to 1974".  However as you can see by the awesome favorites of soul I started ripping a few weeks ago with a good method finally, the core platters I dig were usually closer to 1975 before it really got big and morphed into disco and funk!
You might also draw a parallel to punk with Little Bob Story, Ramones, Herman Brood, Dr. Feelgood with the bar band movement of 1975 before the punk explosion.  Don't forget MC5 60's communes.  I have since learned that this band was a major influence for the Washington D.C. go-go scene.
http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/BiGeMSRD/file.html

No comments:

ShareThis