Monday, September 19, 2016

JIMI HENDRIX - The Essential Volume Two LP 79 w Smash Hits bonus 69

I borrowed and never gave back in 4th grade this tape and Smash Hits from the older brother with tapes (other brother had only vinyl) and used to really enjoy it.  A year or two ago I saw this vinyl with the bonus Gloria 7 released only in U.K. at the time and snatched it up without hearing it until now.  I had forgot how much I enjoyed it!  He influenced so, so many artists and I can see why now.
My old actual tape extra songs:


Dr. Drunk said...

Hell yeah! Can't wait to get home. I played 'Essential' 1 & 2 into the damn ground! Unfortunately they were lost to the sands of time. Thank you V!!!

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Old punker friend, they will have to rip this one from my dead hands!!!!!
Thanks for being there over the years and you blog.

Viacomclosedmedown on youtube said...

Side note for you DD: My friend Dale T. Nelson from Otto's Chemical Lounge who worked with Husker Du back in the day has his main picture on tha' book showing him as early teen holding 2 vinyl: Smash Hits by Jimi Hendrix and the Blind Faith album with chick holding toy truck I think (I have a CD of their's somewhere).... he got me thinking recently about the post:>}