Tuesday, September 3, 2013

THE EXPLORERS - Falling For Nightlife EP 84 w Lorelei EP 84 w Calling EP 85 w Explorers LP 85 w Two Worlds Apart EP 85 w Venus De Milo EP 85

This band is basically the sax/oboe player and the guitarist from Roxy Music who add a Bryan Ferry sound-a-like singer as a third player with mixed results.  The concept for the band works however.

Well this week, I tried a higher recording setting on my new Audacity freeware of 384,000 Hz at 32 bit floating (instead of last weeks setting of 192,000 Hz at 16 bit) and since my sound card width for data is only 16 bit as opposed to 24 bit it slighly improves the sound of the WAV file higher into 12288 kb/sec--at any rate both settings were much higher than a standard CD from the store of 1410 kb/sec.  Even gets rid of my 'boxey' sounding rips due to the cheesy boost of my S120 Ortofon needle and also due to the fact that months ago I turned down my Line IN signal volume to about 25% to get rid of a buzzing noise then adjusted my pre-amp accordingly up--and that's why my older rips seem to be slightly louder.  Clear as mud??  Still want to upgrade when I get the loot to a better needle.  I don't think a new soundcard upgrade to 24 bit would really make that big of a difference.
       PART 1 of 2:   http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/34360406/file.html 
       PART 2 of 2:   http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/46361285/file.html

No comments: