Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11 Memorial Post



















This isn't just a post for just Johnny Heff, but for all the victims of 9/11.

John Heffernan aka Johnny Heff of the the New York band the Bullys was also a NYC Firefighter with Ladder #11. He lost his life in the WTC attack on 9/11.

John was a native of Rockaway, Queens, NY and left behind a wife and several young children.

I never met John, but I was kind of familiar with his band having heard them on several comps, so hearing that he had been killed has kind of a shock. It just shows how this punk rock community or what ever you want to call it, has people from all walks of life and professions.

I could go on, but I think I will leave it right there.

Rest in Peace.

I will leave you with my favourite Bullys song: http://www.mediafire.com/?5ulqwc19p289wab

No comments:

ShareThis