Thursday, August 23, 2012

New Duncan Imperials - Loserville cd



















Okay, don't let the cover fool you this is some pretty good cowpunk/country music. I used to own this on cassette way back when, but I wore the cassette out listening to it, so I was luck enough to find a used copy of the CD a few years back.

The New Duncan Imperials out of Chicago, IL really deliver with this release. I'm not sure what track 6 and 22 are supposed to be, seems like noise to me. The rest are really great. "Tilt-a-Whirl", the title track "Loserville," are fantastic, but I think "Shit load of Kisses" about getting released from prison and going back to your woman, is pretty funny and creepy at the same time. "Running with a Fork in My Mouth," is a great song about how painful love can be at times.

A few covers here to, there is also a Tom Jones cover of,"It's Not Unusual." Rush's "Today's Tom Sawyer" and Hasil Adkins, "Boo Boo Kitty." Not bad at all.

So look past the cover art and give this thing a chance. This bad is really good, I have quite a few of their releases and have to say that all of them are pretty damn good.

This was released on Pravda Records of Chicago, IL in 1993.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w8v89v7submy6eg

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

No comments:

ShareThis