Thursday, August 23, 2012

New Duncan Imperials - Loserville cd

Okay, don't let the cover fool you this is some pretty good cowpunk/country music. I used to own this on cassette way back when, but I wore the cassette out listening to it, so I was luck enough to find a used copy of the CD a few years back.

The New Duncan Imperials out of Chicago, IL really deliver with this release. I'm not sure what track 6 and 22 are supposed to be, seems like noise to me. The rest are really great. "Tilt-a-Whirl", the title track "Loserville," are fantastic, but I think "Shit load of Kisses" about getting released from prison and going back to your woman, is pretty funny and creepy at the same time. "Running with a Fork in My Mouth," is a great song about how painful love can be at times.

A few covers here to, there is also a Tom Jones cover of,"It's Not Unusual." Rush's "Today's Tom Sawyer" and Hasil Adkins, "Boo Boo Kitty." Not bad at all.

So look past the cover art and give this thing a chance. This bad is really good, I have quite a few of their releases and have to say that all of them are pretty damn good.

This was released on Pravda Records of Chicago, IL in 1993.


Brian Guy

No comments: