Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ray Condo - Sweet Love on My Mind 7"



















I was turned onto Ray Condo by one of my good friends and Co-workers who has turned me on to a lot of good rockabilly and when he loaned me a Ray Condo CD, I can't remember which one but, I instantly became a fan of this Canadian nomad.

Ray Tremblay aka Ray Condo was born in Hull, Quebec but grew up in Ottawa. He played in a few punk bands from Montreal to British Columbia and then moved on to rockabilly with several different bands.

For more information check this out on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Condo

Okay, now on to this little seven inch platter. I am not sure that this was a legit release or a bootleg. It was released in 2004 which was the same year that Ray Condo past away from a heart attack in Vancouver, BC. It seems to be a tribute of sorts, which in my opinion is pretty cool. There are two songs of rockabilly delight on this, that sound a little Elvis like, which is okay I guess as I am not a big Elvis fan.

Released on Ray Condo Records.

Enjoy,

Brian Guy

http://www.mediafire.com/?2wnvjne2p2o5fct

No comments:

ShareThis