Sunday, April 8, 2012

Star Trek - The Time Stealer 7"



I just had to post this. I don't even know what to say about it, except I am glad that I only paid a buck for it. If I was six years old this would be the greatest thing since sliced bread, as I love the old "Star Trek," but as an adult it's lacking quite a bit.

Captain James T. Kirk sounds like he's on helium most of the time, Spock sound like a stuck up nasal driven prick, McCoy doesn't sound anything like he did on the TV show, and Scotty sound like nothing I can explain. The rest of the cast didn't fair much better. I think they just used cheap voice over men and women for this.

The story line and ending seems hastily done, but I understand there are time restraints when you are doing a seven inch record.

This was released in 1975 on Power Records of Newark, NJ. On a scale of 1-10. 10 being the best I'd give it a 4.5.

Next time back to music.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

2 comments:

Bernando said...

What the? Are they singing or is it like a audiostory? What an unessesary release haha. Though grande respect to you for finding this. I guess it can eb worth a buck since "Trekkies" often throw their money around these things

Brian Seattle said...

Yeah it's a lovely audio story that really doesn't add up, but since it was basically a record for little kids I guess that okay.

Oddly enough this record is worth about what I paid for it. I guess there are a lot of still sealed copies floating around that go for about $6 US, and there are some variations. I think one version is an LP with a comic book.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

ShareThis